I likely focus more on photography than I do any of my other artistic talents. What enthuses me about photography is how it allows me to view objects and scenes in a way different from how I see them with my naked eye.
I shot all the photos used on this site.
- Storeowner, The Necklace, 2011
- Calvin, House of Hobbes, 2011 (won Best Narrative Over 5 Minutes at Lethbridge Film Festival)
- Edwin Dering, Living Proof, 2007
- Theseus, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, 2012
- Charles Martin/Academic, Papers, 2004
- Ernest, Impromptu, 2004
- Valmont, Les Liaisons Dangereuses (limited production), 2004
- Tom, Uncle Tom’s Cabin (limited production), 2004
- The Busy Signal by Gerald Pearson
I’m what some call a shower singer. Most of my singing is in the shower or while I am alone in a public shower. I can’t compose music, but one of my favourite pasttimes is singing new arrangements of popular songs. I sing bass.
I like to pick up a pencil or pen and let it draw what my mind sees. Often it sketches out an apple, or an eye, or a rural yard, or a superhero.
I don’t paint much anymore, but I still love creating something that combines various colours and textures. It’s rehabiliting and calming.
That’s a pretty vague declaration. I think it’s accurate though. I believe it encapsulates everything listed above, as well as many other areas that define me. “Designer” is one of the terms that most accurately describes me.