Adobe released their new version of the Creative Suite today. While some of the products look pretty cool, I am turned on by some of the new Photoshop features. After all, I use Photoshop nearly every day and more so than any other CS title.
Some of the features that I have wished for in the past and am ecstatic about seeing now are:
- clone, paint, and paste elements to scale using Vanishing Point mode
- edit objects on the canvas without having to touch the layers palette
- lossless scaling and transformation of “smart objects” imported from Illustrator
- improvement to camera raw features, including multiple image editing
- better noise and artifact reduction
- combine multiple exposures into a single image with expanded range of shadows and highlights
- one-click red eye reduction
- spot healing brush
The file browser has been revamped and is now a standalone application called “The Bridge”. There are some pretty neat features on it, but the one I rally like is the ability to use ti to scroll through previews of every page in a PDF document. I could so use that.