Some of my readers are familiar with my post on GMail Folders that shows a workaround for the seemingly absent email folders that abound in other software.
I thought I would also post on how to create mailing lists (or mailing groups) in GMail. A mailing list is handy because you can specify a list in your message and the message will be sent to all the contacts in the group.
Create your mailing list or group
- Open up each contact you want in the group and click “Edit contact information”.
- Add the name of the group (e.g. “family”) in the “Notes” field and press “Save”.
Use your mailing list or group
- Go to your Contacts page and search for the name of your group. This should bring up all those with the group name in their notes.
- Click on the “All” link near the bottom of the page
- Click the “Compose” button
VoilÃ ! A new email with all the contacts in your group.
Like this post? Sign up for monthlyupdates!
Did you like this post? Sign up to receive monthly writing and socail media tips.