Given that my work responsibilities have changed, I thought perhaps I should post something regarding them.
I’ve been reading 43 Folders and LifeClever and it inspired me to write a post on the process I go through when I receive an item. Maybe someone will find my process useful or will have suggestions for improving it:
- My boss submits a requisition for a purchase and prints out a copy of the requisition for me.
- I file it in the inbox on my desk with a Post-It note explaining what it the purchase is for
- When my boss’ requisition becomes a purchase order, he prints off a copy of the PO for me
- I attach the PO to the requisition with a paperclip and file it back in my inbox.
- When the purchase arrives a week or two later, I compare the Campus Delivery Report with the items i received and the details on the PO.
- If everything checks out, I sign the CDR and keep a copy.
- I open the box(es) and check for a packing slip.
- I compare the details on the packing slip with the PO
- If they match up, I barcode the equipment and record the details in Track-It!
- I then photocopy the packing slip and campus delivery report (I must say that I love photocopiers that staple for you)
- I stamp each copy of both and initial them
- One copy is filed in my boss’ office, and one is filed in my filing cabinet