Given that my work responsibilities have changed, I thought perhaps I should post something regarding them.
I’ve been reading 43 Folders and LifeClever and it inspired me to write a post on the process I go through when I receive an item. Maybe someone will find my process useful or will have suggestions for improving it:
- My boss submits a requisition for a purchase and prints out a copy of the requisition for me.
- I file it in the inbox on my desk with a Post-It note explaining what it the purchase is for
- When my boss’ requisition becomes a purchase order, he prints off a copy of the PO for me
- I attach the PO to the requisition with a paperclip and file it back in my inbox.
- When the purchase arrives a week or two later, I compare the Campus Delivery Report with the items i received and the details on the PO.
- If everything checks out, I sign the CDR and keep a copy.
- I open the box(es) and check for a packing slip.
- I compare the details on the packing slip with the PO
- If they match up, I barcode the equipment and record the details in Track-It!
- I then photocopy the packing slip and campus delivery report (I must say that I love photocopiers that staple for you)
- I stamp each copy of both and initial them
- One copy is filed in my boss’ office, and one is filed in my filing cabinet
Like this post? Sign up for monthlyupdates!
Did you like this post? Sign up to receive monthly writing and socail media tips.