Last June, Google+ launched a new tool for page admins: page insights. I’ve been using it for the past year, and it’s great for measuring progress, especially in the long term.
A client of mine recently passed 3000 followers on Google+, and while I was going through old emails regarding Google+, I realized I had sent an email to my client last year with details regarding engagement on their page.
Last June, the page received 7300 views, with 639 being the most in a single day. Content I shared on the page received about 200 actions (shares, comments, etc) during that same 30-day period.
Here’s what it looks like for the most recent 30-day period:
This June, the page received nearly 32,700 views over the last 30 days, with 2,170 being the most on one day. Content I shared on the page received over 470 actions (shares, comments, etc) in that same 30-day period.
Here are some of the noteworthy differences between the two time periods:
- Total page views have more than quadrupled
- Busiest single day viewership have more than tripled
- Engagement actions have more than doubled
Needless to say, I was happy to see the difference. This is proof that the steps I outline in my 4 easy steps to take each day to build Google+ engagement actually work:
- Search for people I want to engage with. Add them to my circles.
- Comment on, share, or +1 their content.
- When people follow me, I follow them back. I add them into appropriate circles and publicly thank them.
- When someone comments on, shares, or +1’s my content, I thank them by doing it to their content.
Improving social media engagement is simple: engage with others and they’ll engage with you.
Would you like to see results like this on your company’s Google+ page? Contact me, and I can help you out.
Like this post? Sign up for monthlyupdates!
Did you like this post? Sign up to receive monthly writing and social media tips.