Every so often, I get a friend request from a business. Facebook created Pages specifically as a way for businesses to connect with people, so there’s no reason to have to set up a personal profile for your business.
Not only is there no reason to use a personal profile instead of a Facebook page, here are 20 reasons you should convert to a Facebook page:
- More than one person can manage the page
- Your page managers don’t need to remember a password
- You can have more than 5,000 “friends” (or likes if you will)
- Facebook tabs
- Facebook offers
- Advertise your posts
- Assign various admin roles, limiting capabilities
- Schedule your posts
- It’s illegal (well, okay, against Facebook’s TOS)
- Install apps
- Customers can check in on Facebook when they visit your location
- Customers using the mobile app can phone you directly through Facebook
- Search engine results
- People don’t have to be a friend to tag your page in their updates and photos
- People won’t take your social media efforts seriously
- Your content is more shareable
- You can’t use Facebook like buttons on your website
- Access to Graph Search traffic
- Customers don’t need to wait for you to approve their friend request.
As you can see, having a Facebook page is a much better strategy in the long run. Be sure to check out our post on how to convert your Facebook profile into a business page. If you haven’t set up a profile for your business, check out my post on how to create a brand new page for your business.
Like this post? Sign up for weekly updates!
Did you like this post? Sign up to receive weekly writing and social media tips. Learn how to write better and how to succeed on social media.