Every so often, I get a friend request from a business. Facebook created Pages specifically as a way for businesses to connect with people, so there’s no reason to have to set up a personal profile for your business.
Not only is there no reason to use a personal profile instead of a Facebook page, here are 20 reasons you should convert to a Facebook page:
- More than one person can manage the page
- Your page managers don’t need to remember a password
- You can have more than 5,000 “friends” (or likes if you will)
- Facebook tabs
- Facebook offers
- Advertise your posts
- Assign various admin roles, limiting capabilities
- Schedule your posts
- It’s illegal (well, okay, against Facebook’s TOS)
- Install apps
- Customers can check in on Facebook when they visit your location
- Customers using the mobile app can phone you directly through Facebook
- Search engine results
- People don’t have to be a friend to tag your page in their updates and photos
- People won’t take your social media efforts seriously
- Your content is more shareable
- You can’t use Facebook like buttons on your website
- Access to Graph Search traffic
- Customers don’t need to wait for you to approve their friend request.
As you can see, having a Facebook page is a much better strategy in the long run. Be sure to check out our post on how to convert your Facebook profile into a business page. If you haven’t set up a profile for your business, check out my post on how to create a brand new page for your business.
Like this post? Sign up for monthlyupdates!
Did you like this post? Sign up to receive monthly writing tips. Learn how to write better.